I am Valeriano Fatica, I carve mostly fruit and vegetables, but I also carve cheese, clay and rock.
I was born the 20th of november 1988 in Oratino, where I actually live, in Molise, a small and almost unknow region of Italy. Since I was a child I used to draw, and I dreamt of becoming a mangaka. But after I started the Art High School I realised that I had a true passion for sculpures. In 2011 I started working in my family’s restaurant “La Roccia”, and at the same time I started carving watermelons for the bouffets, after seeing my brother’s old carvings. After an year and a half, on Dargen D’Amico’s advice, I opened my youtube channel Ortolano Production (now called Valeriano Fatica – Fruit Carver)and I started sharing my passion with all of you.
They talked about me:
BuzzFeed – Vsauce2 – The Huffigton Post – The San Francisco Globe – Topolino – La Stampa – Il Corriere Della Sera – Lo zoo di 105 – BoredPanda – This is Colossal – Perfect Toast – My Modern Met – Yahoo! – Wimp – Twisted Sifter – Popcorn Horror – Geek Are Sexy – Earth Porm – DeMilked – Mirror – So Bad So Good – Zupi – – 24NEWS – DesigStack – WeLikeIt – American Overlook – Io9 – HeavyMetal – – Atchuup – Irorio – Rocket News 24 – News Gamme – NeVarYok and much more
What can I do for you?
I do sculptures on request for any kind of event or party in each part of the world, I do live carving directly at your house, and I can also do workshops and private lessons if you want.
- My dad is Edmondo Fatica, painter and sculptor
- My sister is Giusi Fatica, pianist
- My wife is Alexandra R. Ionescu, photographer and translator
- I have a two year old daughter
- I have a collection of over 2000 pieces of comics
- My favourite comics are: Devilman, Monster, Homunculus, Naruto, From Hell and V for Vengeance
- I have a bunny called Lillo
- I abbandoned the Art Accademy after the first year because I judged it a waste of time
“The Fantasy is that thing that certain people can’t even imagine”
Feel the Form
Via Borgo Sant’Antonio n.1 –
Oratino (CB) – 86010 – Italy
0039 0874 38159 –